Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vegetarian for a day

It hasn't been intentional, but I've only eaten vegetarian the last day or so. 

I was running late this morning, so breakfast was packed up to be eaten at work.

 
-plain fat free yogurt
- blueberries
- kashi go lean crunch
- all bran buds
Simple, healthy and quick.

Last night I had some of the barley salad I made this weekend with some baked tofu; and that's what I have for lunch today as well.

It was super easy thing to pull together.  The barley salad lasts awhile and will be part of my dinner tonight as well.  It had red and green bell peppers and black olives, mixed with a dressing of rice wine vinegar, red wine, cilantro, mustard and rosemary.

For the tofu I simply sliced a package of firm tofu and pressed the slices with paper towels to remove some of the water.  I spread some hoison sauce on the top for flavor, and put the slices in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. 

Voila.

Today after work I plan on going to the gym and doing a similar treadmill/weight training workout like I did last weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment