Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

Holiday weekends are always good, especially when you have no obligations or strict plans in place.  I spent Saturday at the beach for most of the day, and hung out with some family members who were in town.  Then I spent most of Sunday lounging around my apartment, watching Sex and the City.  Today, Monday, I did some shopping in the morning and then did a picnic in the park with some friends.

The weather for the beach on Saturday was surprisingly good, barely hit 80 and the water was warm!

For our picnic today, I decided to make a new recipe from my other brand new cookbook, Williams Sonoma Food Made Fast: Baking.
I decided to make the lemon raspberry muffins, but with a few twists -- replace half of the flour with whole wheat, and make them mini so that overeating was less common.
I had never made muffins before, but they seem pretty similar to cake in their prep.

 
After mixing all of the ingredients together, I spooned the batter into my mini muffin tin and adjusted the baking time to be about 8 minutes instead of 15.  

 
They came out pretty well I do say myself!

 
 
Today I am also making a banana bread to use up some old, rotting bananas. It's a family recipe, so I can't share it, but it is delicious!!  (Especially when you add chocolate chips :) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment